Monday, May 5, 2014

#3 Bisaya Translations: Common Verbs

Here are the list of common English verbs or action words with their Visayan translation. Any idea on what should I post next? Don't forget to write your queries in the comment section below.

1. to eat - mangaon
e.g. mangaon ta ug isda  (let's eat fish)

2. spoon feeding - hungitan
e.g. dili hungitan ang bata. ( don't spoon feed the kid)

3. to drink - muinom
e.g. lami kaayo muinom ug gatas (I want to drink milk)

4. to wash - manghugas
e.g. manghugas ta ug plato paghuman ug kaon. (wash the plates after eating)

5. to clean - limpyuhan
e.g. limpyuhan ang banyo (clean the bathroom)

6. to walk - mulakaw
e.g. mulakaw ko daplin sa dalan ( I will walk beside the road)

7. to run - mudagan
e.g. mudagan ko ug kusog kaayo. ( I will run very fast)

8. to dance - musayaw
e.g. musayaw ko ug chacha (I will dance to the beat of chacha)

9. to sing - mukanta
e.g. mukanta ko ug karaan na kanta. ( I will sing an old song)

10. to sleep - matulog
e.g. matulog sa ko kadali. ( I will take a short sleep)

11. sleepy - giduka
e.g. giduka ko galantaw sa salida ( I feel sleepy watching the movie)

12. to cook - magluto or manglung-ag
e.g magluto ko ug lami na sudlan (I will cook a yummy dish)

13. to sweep the floor - manilhig sa salog
e.g. manilhig sa salog kada domingo. (to sweep the floor every sunday)

14. to wipe - manarapo
e.g. manarapo sa abog sa bintana (to wipe the dust in the windows)

15. to prepare - mangandam
e.g. mangandam ta ug daghang tubig (to prepare a lot of water)

16. to take a bath - maligo
e.g. maligo ko unyang gabie ( I will take a bath tonight)

17. to comb hair - manudlay; panudlay
e.g. wala na gyud ko nakahunahuna ug panudlay (I forgot to comb my hair)

18. to spit - iluwa
e.g. iluwa ng bubble gum karon dayon (spit the bubble gum right away)

19. to spy - maniid
e.g. maniid ta sa sa atong silingan ( to spy on our neighbors)

20. to apply medicine - manambal
e.g. manambal ko sa akong samad ( to apply medicine to my wound)

21. to swim - musalom
e.g. lami musalom karon sa swimming pool ( It's good to swim today in the swimming pool)

22. to climb - mukatkat
e.g. Bantay kay mukatkat ang kawatan sa bintana. (Beware! the robbers will climb through the windows)

23. to kill - mupatay
e.g. mupatay ug ilaga  (to kill a rat)

24. to build a house - mamanday
e.g. mamanday ta ug dali (to build a house faster)

25. to lift -  mangalsa
e.g. dili mangalsa ug bug-at (don't lift heavy things)

26. to sell - maninda or mamaligya
e.g. akong suguon siya  mamaligya ug beers didto sa tindahan (I will ask her to sell the beers to the store)

27. to show - ipatan-aw
e.g. naa ko'y ipatan-aw nimo karon ( I have something to show you)

28. to dig - ipakalot
e.g. ipakalot sa trabahante ang yuta (let the laborer dig the soil)

29. to knock - manuktok
e.g manuktok ug ikaduha (to knock twice)

30. to stare - manutok
e.g. dili maayo ng sige ug manutok ( It's rude to stare)

31. to chase - manggukod
e.g. ilang iro kay manggukod ( their dog loves to chase)

32. to pray - mag-ampo
e.g. mag-ampo ko na unta makapasar ka sa exam. (I will pray you will pass the exam)

33. to hug - manggakos
e.g. lami kaayo manggakos ug gwapa na babaye ( I love to hug pretty girls)

34. to kiss - manghalok
e.g. lami manghalok sa akong kapikas sa kinabuhi ( I love to kiss my wife/husband)

35. to make love/ have s*x - makighilawas
e.g. Dili makighilawas ug bisan kinsa ( Don't have s*x with anyone)

36. to get naked or get off something you wear- maghubo
e.g maghubo sa ko ug sapatos ha! ( I will remove my shoes first)

37. to lie in bed - muhigda sa katre
e.g. lami na kaayo muhigda sa katre ( I want to lie in the bed)

38. to tell a lie - mamakak
e.g. dili maayo ang mag sige ug pamakak (It's not good to tell a lie)

39. to laugh - mukatawa
e.g. dili mukatawa ug kusog kay naay natulog ( Don't laugh out loud because somebody is sleeping)

40. to cry - maghilak
e.g. gusto ko maghilak siya ug suba sa iyang gibuhat kanako ( I want him/her to cry a river for what she'd/hed'd done to me)

41. to separate or broke up - magbulag
e.g. sukad karon magbulag nata ( let's separate from each other)

42. to cure - tambalan
e.g. tambalan nako na imong kasingkasing ( I will cure your heart)

43. to gossip - manglibak
e.g. dili ko kaagwanta manglibak gyud ko makakita niya ( I can't resist myself to gossip her everytime I see her)

44. to jump - muambak
e.g. dili muambak sa swimming pool ( Don't jump in the pool)

45. to bounce - maguntol-untol
e.g. ang bola dili muuntol ug kusog ( the ball won't bounce that much)

46. to plant - mananom
e.g. mananom ko ug saging sa bukid ( I will plant banana tree in the rural area / farm land)

47. to harvest - mangani
e.g. mangani ko unya sa akong mga mais ( I will harvest my corn plants later)

48. to drive a car - mudrayb ug sakyanan
e.g. dili siya kabalo mudrayb ug sakyanan ( he don't know how to drive a car)

49. to scrub - mangkuskos
e.g. manguskos sa tiles (to scrub the tiles)

50. to store water - magsalod ug tubig
e.g. walay agas unya magsalog gyud mo ug daghang tubig (there will be no running water later it's better to store lots of water)

51. to hide - taguan
e.g. taguan nato ug ayo ang atong sekreto ( keep our secrets faithfully)

52. to find / to look - pangitaon
e.g. muoli nako kay pangitaon nako sa akong mama (I will go home now my mother is looking for me)

53. to love - mahigugma
e.g. mahigugma ra gyud ko niya sa saktong panahon ( I will love him in the right time)

54. to massage - manghilot
e.g. kabalo ka manghilot? ( do you know how to massage?)

55. to change clothes - mag-ilis ug sanina
e.g . dili sige mag-ilis ug sanina kay kapoy manglaba ( Don't change your clothes always, it's not easy to wash them)

56. to fold clothes - mamilo ug sanina
e.g. palihog ug mamilo ug sanina (please fold your clothes)

57. to rinse - linuan
e.g. linuan daan ang plato usa manghugas (rinse the leftover from the plates first)

58. to wash clothes - manglaba
e.g. manglaba ko ug mga sanina ugma ( I will do the laundry tomorrow)

59. to pour - iyabo
e.g. iyabo sa toyo ug suka sa kalaha ( pour the soy sauce and vinegar in the pan)

60. to spank / beat - bunalan
e.g. dili bunalan ang mga bata ug animals (don't spank the kids and the animals)

2 comments:

  1. Dear Bisaya,

    This is Miya Luo, Resource Manager of CCJK, a localization and translation company based in China. You can know more about us on www.ccjk.com

    Now I have a document need to translate from English into Visaya, the content is very general and easy.

    Word count: around 700 words

    I was wondering if you can take it? If yes, could please e-mail me to miya.luo@ccjk.com? Coz I don't know any contact information about you.
    Please also tell me your best unit rate for translation.

    Or you can easily find me at Skype: luoshuangyan90

    Look forward to hear from you very soon.

    Best

    Miya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Bisaya,

    This is Miya Luo, Resource Manager of CCJK, a localization and translation company, you can know more about us on www.ccjk.com.

    Now I have a document need to translate from English into Visaya, The content is very general and easy.

    Word count: around 700 words.

    I was wondering if you can take it? If yes, could you please e-mail me to miya.luo@ccjk.com or you can easily find me at skype via my ID: luoshuangyan90

    Please also tell me your best unit rate for translation.

    Look forward to hear from you.

    Best

    Miya

    ReplyDelete